I can’t believe I finished it in 2 1/2 weeks.
I made it tunic length, much longer than the pattern calls for (53 cm / 21″ down from armhole instead of 40 cm / 16″).
It’s quite a heavy tee, as the 100% cotton thread is rather dense. I am happy with it! I would love to make another variation of this excellent versatile pattern again soon.
I had only one skein (50 grams) of the light blue yarn, and obviously it ran out mid-sweater. No worries, I just improvised with some this ginger-brown cotton yarn from my mom’s stash. Improvising and letting go of always being in control is therapeutic for me… And it’s fun, too.
The pattern calls for a finer yarn, to be knit on larger needles and blocked somewhat open. But I decided to use the cotton yarn I had on hand – in any case, since this is meant to be worn in summertime, I figured a yarn with any wool content just won’t do.
The hem is a 1×1 rib. The provisional crochet cast on and short rows at the shoulder were cool to learn and use for the first time.
Tell me what you think!