East End Tunic – completed (March 2015)

Sorry for the blurry photo :|

DSC01827

It ended up being more of a dress than a tunic – I figured I might as well finish all 7 skeins of yarn.
DSC01789

Looks much better with a finished neckline:

DSC01792

I didn’t know how to avoid this hole while picking up stitches, so I just fixed it by stitching it up in the end.

DSC01793

The beginning of the seed stitch is like the pattern instructs, but the rest is improvised.

DSC01790

See how soft and velvety the fabric is?

DSC01795

All in all, I’m happy with it, though there are things I’d like to do better next time, and I am sorry to say I prefer more informative pattern instructions than these.

Advertisements

East End (March 2015)

East End is beautiful and simple.

The instructions, on the other hand, were too vague for me.

After knitting up to the V-neck, troubles arose and I frogged it all and started from scratch. I took some time to plan ahead the second time.

testing it out… not too bad!

Once I got to the underarm and put aside the sleeve stitches, things got a LOT easier.

my red East End, 3.5 balls of yarn used so far

Working in the round flowed really fast. It did torque, though, so the decreases are skewed to the side and not nicely symmetric at the back.

The fabric (made of 50% cotton 50% bamboo yarn – Fibra Natura Bamboo Jazz) has a feels velvety and soft and has good drape. I’d like to create a more lightweight fabric in an upcoming project though.