East End (March 2015)

East End is beautiful and simple.

The instructions, on the other hand, were too vague for me.

After knitting up to the V-neck, troubles arose and I frogged it all and started from scratch. I took some time to plan ahead the second time.

testing it out… not too bad!

Once I got to the underarm and put aside the sleeve stitches, things got a LOT easier.

my red East End, 3.5 balls of yarn used so far

Working in the round flowed really fast. It did torque, though, so the decreases are skewed to the side and not nicely symmetric at the back.

The fabric (made of 50% cotton 50% bamboo yarn – Fibra Natura Bamboo Jazz) has a feels velvety and soft and has good drape. I’d like to create a more lightweight fabric in an upcoming project though.

Advertisements