Dry skein, after having pulled apart each strand:
I can’t believe I finished it in 2 1/2 weeks.
I made it tunic length, much longer than the pattern calls for (53 cm / 21″ down from armhole instead of 40 cm / 16″).
It’s quite a heavy tee, as the 100% cotton thread is rather dense. I am happy with it! I would love to make another variation of this excellent versatile pattern again soon.
I had only one skein (50 grams) of the light blue yarn, and obviously it ran out mid-sweater. No worries, I just improvised with some this ginger-brown cotton yarn from my mom’s stash. Improvising and letting go of always being in control is therapeutic for me… And it’s fun, too.
The pattern calls for a finer yarn, to be knit on larger needles and blocked somewhat open. But I decided to use the cotton yarn I had on hand – in any case, since this is meant to be worn in summertime, I figured a yarn with any wool content just won’t do.
The hem is a 1×1 rib. The provisional crochet cast on and short rows at the shoulder were cool to learn and use for the first time.
Tell me what you think!
Sorry for the blurry photo :|
Looks much better with a finished neckline:
I didn’t know how to avoid this hole while picking up stitches, so I just fixed it by stitching it up in the end.
The beginning of the seed stitch is like the pattern instructs, but the rest is improvised.
See how soft and velvety the fabric is?
All in all, I’m happy with it, though there are things I’d like to do better next time, and I am sorry to say I prefer more informative pattern instructions than these.
East End is beautiful and simple.
The instructions, on the other hand, were too vague for me.
After knitting up to the V-neck, troubles arose and I frogged it all and started from scratch. I took some time to plan ahead the second time.
Once I got to the underarm and put aside the sleeve stitches, things got a LOT easier.
Working in the round flowed really fast. It did torque, though, so the decreases are skewed to the side and not nicely symmetric at the back.
The fabric (made of 50% cotton 50% bamboo yarn – Fibra Natura Bamboo Jazz) has a feels velvety and soft and has good drape. I’d like to create a more lightweight fabric in an upcoming project though.